Friday 13 March 2015

How to install a package in Python in Windows 7?

Installing Python packages in windows 7

I spent a considerable time while trying to install packages in python. I got various answers for installing them but most of them did not help. So I thought I could share how to install a python package in windows 7 environment.

This is a very basic step but I would like to start from here. Go to the command prompt and select the path where your Python program files are saved. In my case they are saved in here as below.


Then just enter this,
                          python -m pip install "the package you want to install"

so for example I wanted to install django-excel package, so I did as below to install that. You can see the command in the 4th line that installs this package.


But I would suggest using Anaconda python where most of the modules comes with that and would save time installing the modules required.

No comments:

Post a Comment